- A self selected reading project.
- 6 independently selected texts, including:
- 2 extended texts ( novel,autobiography..)
- 2 other written texts (short story, feature article…)
- 2 films
- Must be at least level 6 curriculum to qualify
Once a text is read:
- Summarise briefly the text ( plot, characters, setting, genre )
- Identify any personal connections with the text (situations/characters/ideas)
- explore how your thoughts have been challenged/reinforced/influenced by the text
- identify connections between the text and the world – contemporary or historical – and explain how your perception off these may have been influenced by the text.
- identify other texts that have similarities with this text and explore the comparison
What matters is that you show you have read the text in such depth that you’ve allowed your own ideas to be influenced by it –And you must provide evidence from the text when explaining this.